In consideration of the premises set forth above, you the User hereby agree as follows:
The Sites and Services are intended solely for Users who are 18 years of age or older. Any access to or use of the Sites or Services by anyone under 18 is expressly prohibited. By accessing or using the Sites or Services you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older.
[to the extent our Sites and Services require a User Account]
Use of Website
By accessing and using our Sites, you acknowledge that you are responsible for your actions and for all Content you post. You represent and warrant, to the best of your knowledge:
- That you have all necessary right, power and authority to enter into these General User Terms and to fulfill your contractual obligations hereunder;
- That any and all information you post or provide, including, without limitation, as part of any registration or application or to gain access to the Sites or Services, is true, accurate and not misleading and that you will not allow any other person or entity to use your Account.
- That the information and User Content you upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available to us or on our Sites, including without limitation reviews, trademarks, logos and screenshots, is accurate and free of third party encumbrances;
- That you will not post or otherwise provide User Content that is unlawful, tortious, malicious, defamatory, infringing, libelous, abusive, disparaging, pedophilic, pornographic, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, promotes illegal activities/conduct or violates local, state, national or other applicable laws or regulations;
- That you will not post or otherwise provide User Content that you do not have the right to make available under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as insider information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or information protected under nondisclosure agreements);
- That you will not post or otherwise provide User Content that contains a software virus or any other code files or programs with the ability to interrupt, destroy, compromise, or otherwise limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- That you will not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers for the purpose of disguising the origin of any User Content posted on the Sites;
- That you will not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information of the Website or our Vendors without our express written consent;
- That you will not avoid, bypass, reverse engineer, interfere with, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technical measure implemented by us to administer and protect our Sites and Services;
- That you will not use any automated means or form of data scraping or data extraction to access, query, download or otherwise collect our Content or related information from our Site (except as expressly permitted by us) or otherwise without authorization use or upload our Content; or create new links, reposts, or referrals through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including automated scripts, spiders, robots, crawlers and data mining tools);
- That you will not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute our Content for any purpose other than for your own individual use;
- That you will not collect or “harvest” from our Sites the personal information (“Information”) of other Users without their consent for the purpose of transmitting unsolicited commercial mass mailings, “spamming” or for any other unlawful purpose;
- That you will not access our Sites and Services by any means other than through interfaces expressly authorized by us and these General User Terms;
Our Reviews Program
How the Program Works: Our Sites and Services are powered by User-generated Reviews. We encourage those who desire to share their experience regarding a software product, service or vendor to submit reviews on our Site. You acknowledge and agree that we as the website operator are merely providing a platform for these user-generated reviews; and that all such reviews represent the opinions of the reviewers of those products, services or vendors and not those of us. From time to time, we may provide nominal incentives (such as gift cards) to encourage submission of reviews, regardless of whether the content of the review is positive or negative. We provide clear notice on our Sites when a reviewer has been offered a nominal incentive for submitting an honest review. Users may opt to post their review anonymously, but must submit sufficient information for our Quality Assurance team to verify their identity. While a reviewer may choose not to share personal information with the public, their identity is always verified by our Quality Assurance team before we permit their review to be published.
Our Community Guidelines: When participating in our Reviews Program, you (whether a software buyer, vendor or reviewer), acknowledge and agree to adhere to our Community Guidelines. Our Community Guidelines set forth the rules of play for users, reviewers and vendors. This includes the QA process, the guidelines each review must meet and the process for flagging reviews for investigation. As a neutral content platform, we will only remove reviews that, at our discretion, do not meet our guidelines. Our Community Guidelines further outline the protections we put in place to maintain high-quality, trusted reviews, as well as the respective rights of reviewers and vendors.
Intellectual Property Rights
Our Sites are comprised of Content created by us, our Partners and our Users. This section sets out the ownership and usage rights for each type of Content.
Our IP: Our Sites and all intellectual property rights therein, including without limitation the vendor listings we create from publicly available or licensed Content, our Services and/or our domain names (collectively, “Heapjet IP”), is the property of Heapjet, its Affiliates and/or its authorized licensors, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws.
We grant to User a worldwide, revocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, view and download the Heapjet IP for User’s personal, non-commercial use in accordance with these General User Terms and applicable U.S. and international copyright laws.
Except to the extent otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, User will not copy, reproduce, modify, use, distribute, display, create derivative works of or otherwise exploit the Heapjet IP without the express written consent of Heapjet or the applicable copyright owner.
User IP: User certifies that User owns or has secured all necessary intellectual property rights in the Content that User uploads, posts, e-mails, transmits or otherwise makes available to us or on our Sites, including without limitation User Reviews (“User IP”), and User further agrees to be liable for all such User IP.
By posting User IP (including User Reviews) on our Sites or otherwise submitting to User IP to us, User grants to to us, our Affiliates and Partners a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, communicate and distribute (either electronically or via other media now known or hereafter devised) the User IP in the ordinary course of our business.
All intellectual property rights not expressly granted hereunder are expressly reserved to us.
Copyright Infringement Claims
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and will not tolerate infringing activity on its Sites.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the work(s) that has/have been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the work or material being infringed, or, if multiple works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Your contact information, including phone number and e-mail address at which you may be contacted;
- Your good faith statement that the use of the work or material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in your notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the allegedly infringed copyright.
We reserve the right to seek damages from any person who knowingly, materially submits a DMCA notification claim under this section in violation of the law.
Representations & Warranties
User represents and warrants to the best of its knowledge: (i) that it has all necessary right, power and authority to enter into these General User Terms and to fulfill its contractual obligations hereunder; (ii) that the information that it uploads, posts, e-mails, transmits, or otherwise makes available to us or on our Sites, including without limitation content, reviews, screenshots, is accurate and free of third party encumbrances; (iii) that it has not breached any third party rights, including without limitation: intellectual property, publicity or privacy, consumer protection, tort and product liability rights; (iv) that it complies with all applicable security standards and is free from any viruses, including without limitation malware or Trojan horses; and (v) that it complies with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations.
Your use of our sites and services is at your own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, our sites and services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation: Any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of third party intellectual property rights, title, custom, trade, quiet enjoyment, accuracy of informational content or system integration. We do not warrant that our sites will be secure, available or operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner; That errors or defects will be corrected; Or that the content on our sites is accurate or appropriate for you and your business needs.
Limitation of Liability
Neither we nor User will be liable for any consequential, special, indirect, exemplary or punitive damages arising out of or in any way related to these General User Terms or Your use of our Sites and Services, including without limitation loss of profits, revenue, interest, goodwill, loss or corruption of data or other interruption of business (whether in contract, tort or under other legal theory), even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Except for breach of the indemnification and confidentiality sections hereunder, each party’s aggregate liability to the other for direct damages under these General User Terms is limited to USD$100 (one hundred U.S. Dollars). We expressly disclaim liability for any and all disputes arising between Users of our Sites and Services. By accessing and using our Sites and Services, You release us, our parent company and Affiliates from any and all liability for any and all claims arising from disputes between Users of our Sites and/or Services.
Each of us and User (in its capacity as “Indemnitor”) agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the other party, its agents, affiliates and employees (in its capacity as “Indemnitee”) from and against any and all third party claims, liabilities, losses and expenses (including damage awards, settlement amounts and reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to a violation of these General User Terms, except to the extent such losses and expenses arise from the negligence or willful misconduct of Indemnitee.
Termination by Us. We reserve the right in our sole discretion, without penalty and at any time without notice,to modify or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) User’s access to our Sites and Services, or any part thereof if we believe that User is violating these General User Terms. If User uses or attempts to use our Sites and/or Services for any purpose that contravenes these General User Terms (including without limitation tampering, hacking, data scraping, modifying or otherwise corrupting the security or functionality of our Sites and Services), User may also be subject to civil and criminal liability.
Termination for Convenience. By User. User may terminate its User Account at any time by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to remove your User Account within 5 (five) business days. While you still may be able to access certain portions our Sites and Services following termination of your Account, you will no longer have access to the full functionality. By Us: We may in our sole discretion terminate your User Account, or impose limits on or restrict your access to parts or all of our Sites and/or Services at any time, without notice or liability.
Neither party will be liable for any failure or delay of performance under these General User Terms resulting from a force majeure event beyond the reasonable control of a party, including without limitation, natural disasters, acts of God, government regulations, war, terrorism, labor disputes and power failures.
These General Vendor Terms are governed by the laws of Barcelona, Spain except for its conflicts of interest principles. All claims arising out of or relating to these General User Terms will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Barcelona, Spain and each of Heapjet and User consents to personal jurisdiction in those courts. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to our Sites, Services or these General User Terms must be filed or otherwise commenced within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or shall be forever barred.
Waiver and Severability
Our failure to act with respect to a breach of these General User Terms will not constitute a waiver and does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. If any of these General User Terms shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable under applicable law, then that term shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term or provision of these General User Terms.