Designed for small to large-scale online vendors, WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce plugin for WordPress. The WooCommerce platform allows any WordPress user to set up a basic online store, completely free (additional plug-ins and customization modules are chargeable).
Users can sell anything from tangible items to music files to time and services. They can develop their own plugins to add new functionality to their online store or buy a pre-made plugin from the WooCommerce store.
Shipping cost and sales tax calculation for anywhere in the world is done automatically with WooCommerce. The WooCommerce store management interface allows users to manage their store on the go. Inventory updates and product management don’t require any experience or knowledge of coding.
You can use Woocommerce in all languages that WordPress supports.
- Stock level tracking
- Sales reports
- Product data panel
- Mobile apps
- Automatic Tax calculations
- Geo-location support
- WordPress-centric user interface
- WordPress themes
- Store management
back to menu ↑
- Because WooCommerce is a self-hosted solution, you keep control of your own data and hold full ownership of all the information needed to run your online store.
- WooCommerce has over 400 free and paid extensions for you to add to your store and increase its functionality.
- Build your own databases for marketing campaigns and run ‘coupon code’ promotions through WooCommerce’s integrations with a variety of extensions.
- WooCommerce is built to integrate seamlessly with WordPress meaning users have access to the ever-growing WordPress ecosystem.
- View incoming sales, reviews, stock levels and store performance from the backend, with WooCommerce reporting.
- Integrate your store with MailChimp, Freshbooks, Xero, Amazon Web Services and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Woocommerce is completely FREE.
Freelancers, Mid Size Business, Small Business
You can quickly start making e-commerce website by installing free Woocommerce on Wordpress.