About Amazon Web Services EC2
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides resizable processing capabilities in the cloud. Designed to facilitate web-scale computing for developers.
Select a preconfigured, templateed Amazon Machine Image (AMI) to start working immediately. Alternatively, you can create an AMI with your applications, libraries, data, and related configuration settings.
Configure security and network access in your AWS EC2 instance. Select the types of samples you want, then start, terminate, and follow instances of your AMI as needed, using the web service APIs or the management tools provided. Specify whether you want to work in multiple locations, use static IP endpoints, or add persistent block storage to instances.
In all recognized languages.
- Amazon Elastic Block Store
- Auto Scaling
- Multiple Locations
- Elastic Load Balancing
- Elastic IP Addresses
- High Performance Computing (HPC) Clusters
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud
- VM Import/Export
- Amazon CloudWatch
- AWS Marketplace
- Enhanced Networking
- Pay only for the resources that you actually consume, like instance-hours or data transfer.
- The Amazon EC2 auto-scaling feature allows you to instantaneously increase or decrease capacity. It automatically scales up during spikes to maintain performance and scales down during lulls to save costs.
- Amazon EC2 allows you to select a configuration of memory, CPU, instance storage, and the boot partition size that is best for your choice of operating system and application.
- Elastic load balancing enables you to achieve even higher fault tolerance in your applications, seamlessly responding to incoming application traffic by providing the amount of load balancing capacity needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pricing model: Pay as you go
Freelancers, Small and Medium Size Businesses, Enterprises
AWS EC2 is a cloud server service that should be tried with 1 year free trial.
- Free trial period
- Lots of features
- Hard interface for non-developers