Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most difficult parts of your web site. The way Google and other search engines rank your website changes constantly. This means that if you don’t want to be left behind in the competition, you should be aware of the latest SEO developments.
As a result of the growth of the SEO industry and the work done in this area, there are many excellent tools that you can use to get the data you need to do SEO work and improve your ranking. If you can understand what these tools are and how they work, the success of SEO will be inevitable for you.
In this article, we will explain 10 of the most used SEO tools. Each of these tools can help improve your ranking on all popular search engines, including Google and Bing.
Here are the SEO tools you need:
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a collection of services that you can use to understand how the search engine displays your website. This service offers you a wide range of tools covering many different aspects of SEO.
For example, the Google Search Console allows you to check crawl errors that occur on your website; so you can fix them immediately. You can also see when your site is affected by malware, what keywords people use to find your site, back links you get, and more.
If you are interested in your Search Engine Results Page (SERP) ranking, many features offered by this service become a requirement. There is a clear focus on Google results here, but if you want to increase your ranking on other search engines, use it.
As long as you continue to use the service, the Google Search Console is very simple to understand. It is also easy to add and start your website.
- Watch how Google perceives your website.
- Keep track of what keywords visitors use to reach you.
- Track crawl, meta tag, or sitemap errors.
- Update your Robots.txt file.
- Watch your site’s backlink links.
- Get alert if your site is infected with malware.
- Price: free!
SEMrush is a keyword research tool that lets you get data about how many people are looking for specific terms. Moreover, it provides you with information about similar keywords, relevant ads, product listings and more.
In addition to being an excellent tool for researching keywords, SEMrush can also provide information about your competitors’ strategies. For example, he can tell you how much traffic they receive, how much of it comes from paid ads, and what the backlink links are.
If you’re researching keywords, you need a tool like SEMrush in your arsenal. Nevertheless, your efforts will be able to tell you exactly which keywords will give you the best results, and you’ll be able to control which terms your competitors are ranking for.
This service allows you to browse your competitors’ text and media ads; this can save you a lot of money on the test. Note, however, that all this data means that the learning curve for this service can be a bit steep.
- Investigate the value of specific queries.
- Check out which keywords your competitors have ranked for and how much traffic they receive.
- Learn about backlink links from other websites.
- See your opponent’s text and media ads.
- Price: up to 10 days free of charge or you can pay a special plan starting from $ 99.95 per month
BuzzStream offers a collection of tools to help with domain name research, email marketing and project management. It is an all-in-one platform and the many options it provides can have a hard learning curve. With that in mind, let’s focus on how it can help you solve your SEO needs.
When it comes to research, BuzzStream can help you collate the result lists for the keywords you’re looking for. It then provides information about these websites, including general standings, relevant social media accounts, domain age and privileges, and more.
In practice, you can use these features to help you do a thorough investigation of who your competitors are and what content they publish. Moreover, they can help you create lists of authors and each one what to do, so that strategies can be followed more closely.
- Search your competitors for any keyword you want to target.
- Gather data about the domain name age and authority for certain websites.
- Find out what your competitors rank in SERPs.
- Find social media accounts for the sites of your competitions.
- Create author lists for competing websites that follow what they do.
- Price: BuzzStream plans start at $ 24 per month.
Moz Pro is a toolkit that will help you deal with SEO using a data-driven approach. To give you a quick overview, Moz Pro is very similar to SEMrush, because it allows you to search both long-tailed keywords and other fields. You can use this information to avoid very little potential keywords and find out what your competitors are doing.
When you look at a keyword using Moz Pro, it will show a difficulty score that shows how hard it can be for this term. You also get an overview of how many people are looking for this expression, and you can even create keyword lists for easy comparison. All of these are features you’d expect from a reliable keyword research tool, but Moz Pro is a very intuitive interface.
When it comes to the unique features of Moz Pro, the platform offers a Chrome extension that you can use to get information about all the domains you visit. It can also advise on page optimization and alert you to crawl errors, such as the Google Search Console.
- Investigate how competitive a keyword is and search volume.
- Get suggestions about related keywords.
- Investigate your competitors, including which keywords they target.
- Use a Chrome extension to look at other areas without going to the Moz website.
- Compare multiple keywords using custom lists.
- Get optimization suggestions and bug alerts on the page.
- Price: Free users can make up to 50 calls per month and premium plans start at $ 99 per month.
Linkody is all about backlink connections. This tool allows you to find out who links to your website, learn which keywords they use, and even learn the links to ‘deny’ links you don’t like. This last feature can be useful if you think someone is linking your website as spam, because you don’t want search engines to think that you’re trying to run the system.
While the main attraction here is backlink reports, Linkody also offers a few key extras. For example, it gives you the option to create reports that you can send to customers, track your site’s social shares, and connect to Google Analytics. Overall, it’s a pretty good tool, but it’s pretty handy if you need help with link building. More importantly, the cheapest car ever.
- Analyze the backlink links of your website.
- Reject bad links that could affect your SEO.
- Create backlink reports for your customers.
- Connect with Google Analytics to access more data.
- Track your site’s social shares.
- Price: Linkody plans start from $ 14.90 per month up to two domains.
Ontolo is a research tool that you can use to find marketing and SEO opportunities. So an automated tool can help you to find opportunities to send backlink and guest not something you expect to do.
The idea behind Ontolo is to help you find ways to grow your traffic beyond keyword research. If you want your website to become more authoritative, backlink links are very important, but finding the right deals can be difficult.
Ontolo helps you identify these opportunities, so all you have to do is find them (unfortunately it can’t be automated). Attract potential customers from more than 80 sources.
- Search for guest posting and backlink deals.
- Collect data from more than 80 sources to find the best customers.
- Do research using simple reports to understand.
- Export to share your potential customers with others.
- Price: Ontolo plans start from $ 97 per month
HubSpot’s Website Grader
HubSpot’s Website Grader is much easier than any other tool we’ve ever offered. All you have to do is enter a domain and wait for the HubSpot to generate a report. When you receive this report, you’ll find separate scores for your site’s performance, mobile friendliness, SEO and security.
Keep in mind that performance, mobile ease of use and robust security practices directly affect your SEO. In a way, your entire report is a huge analysis of how your site is affected from an SEO perspective. Even better, this tool provides you with each section of the report and tips on how to improve each item.
HubSpot’s Website Grader is incredibly simple to use and can help you improve your website quickly. Plus, it doesn’t cost you anything, so it definitely deserves your use.
- Analyze your website’s performance, mobile ease of use, security and SEO.
- Get separate scores for each aspect of your site.
- Get suggestions on how to improve each score.
- Price: free!
Google AdWords Keyword Planner
Google AdWords Keyword Planner is one of the most comprehensive keyword research tools you can use. However, you can search for keywords and get traffic estimates about them. More importantly, it can help you understand how competitive keywords are competitive according to AdWords keywords.
To avoid being crushed by information, this tool allows you to filter keywords by cost-per-click (CPC) or search volume. This way, you can only get reports based on the predictions you want to target.
In general, Keyword Planner offers many of the functions we see from other research tools in this list. The difference is that you are part of the Google ecosystem and that you can get surprisingly detailed reports for free.
- Find the search volume for any keyword you want.
- Determine the competitiveness of a keyword from its CPC.
- Get detailed reports for specific keywords.
- Price: free!
WooRank is similar to HubSpot’s Website Grader, offering you a complete report. In this case, it gives you a single score for all your website. After that, it starts a list of everything you can do to improve SEO and mobile compatibility.
The key is in this case, WooRank gives you tips to improve your site’s availability and performance. In our experience, the recommendations are solid. First of all, you get an analysis of how well you do a backlink perspective.
Overall, this is the perfect tool for SEO, if you want a quick summary of what you’re doing right and wrong on your website.
- Analyze the overall state of your website including SEO, usability, performance and backlink links.
- Get tips on how to improve your website and solve SEO tasks.
- Analyze the authority of your domain.
- Price: Free, with premium options starting at $ 49.99 per month.
Varvy SEO Tool
Our last choice is another tool of the ‘Enter a URL and get a report’ diversity. However, this is different from what we have presented so far. The Varvy SEO Tool can produce a complete report in seconds.
Moreover, this report is very comprehensive. It controls many things, including page speed issues, ease of mobile use, page SEO and more. However, the best part is that the Varvy SEO Tool really explains why each setting is important.
If you’re new to SEO (or website optimization in general), you’ll probably know all the information this tool offers. In fact, if you want to learn more about them, it provides links for more for each setting it covers.
- Check that your website complies with Google’s SEO guidelines.
- Get a quick report with clear information on how to solve each problem.
- Price: free!
As a result
SEO is just part of the puzzle when it comes to running a website. However, if you want your website to get high traffic, learning the tools on the market and starting to use is a must to get results.